The Law and Education
We bring specialist legal advice – and outstanding results – to families and children with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
Our team is ready to listen to your concerns and then advise you, offering practical ways to resolve issues with the local authority and schools. This may include representing you in appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.
Our record of success is achieved through:
- Our extensive experience working on education cases for more than two decades, across a huge range of special educational needs and disabilities
- Our close relationships with experts in the field and independent special schools
- Our diverse expertise that covers both education and social care obligations towards children with complex needs
By working closely with parents and young people, we aim to resolve cases through negotiation wherever possible and secure the best outcomes for families.
We can help with
- Requests for assessments
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal
- A Statement of consequence of instructing SEN to EHCP
- Annual and experts changes to Statements and EHCPs
- Transitions from where a child has SEN
- Appeals to the Upper Tribunal
- School transport for children with SEN
- Disability discrimination
- School attendance where a child has SEN
- Finding a school for your child with SEN
How it works
If you need help with an education case, don’t hesitate to contact us.
After an initial consultation, we’ll agree what you need us to deal with on your behalf. We will then provide a written estimate of our costs and expenses, which may include:
- Experts fees
- Barristers fees
- Travel expenses
Of course, we’ll keep you regularly updated on these costs and can provide various payment options.
All of our education work is privately funded. If you think you could be eligible for legal aid, see the Civil Legal advice Gateway.
Let us support you in finding an effective resolution.
Call us on 01329823322 or click here to get in touch.